- Friends of Wyandotte Museum
Friends Of The Wyandotte Museum
The Friends of the Wyandotte Museums originated from the Michigan Alkali Trust created by the J.B. Ford family to support and maintain their gift of the General Hospital to the citizens of Wyandotte. When the hospital was sold in May 1988, the Michigan Alkali Trust was made available through the generosity of the City to create a perpetual endowment to assist in supporting Wyandotte’s Historical Museums and educational programming. On March 16, 1999, the historic 1926 Michigan Alkali Trust was officially transferred to the Friends of the Wyandotte Museums’ Endowment Fund.
The Friends of the Wyandotte Museums serves as a fiduciary to receive and accept gifts of real property, bequests, planned gifts and estates in which the proceeds of the above philanthropic gifts will be vested in an endowment to perpetuate the historic properties, educational programs and community outreach.
Representatives of The Wyandotte Cultural and Historical Commission, The Wyandotte Historical Society and the Wyandotte Museum Quilters serve as Trustees of this important endowment fund. The interest from the Endowment Fund principal will assist in capital improvements, educational expansion and preservation of our Museums.
The Friends of the Wyandotte Museums Endowment is a non-profit organization devoted to developing a strong endowment fund to continue and perpetuate the important work the Wyandotte Museums contribute in improving the community’s quality of life, preservation of important historical and architectural resources, archival collections and educational opportunities.
Donation form for the Friends of the Wyandotte Museums can be found below.